Monday, November 03, 2008

An Apology

My Apologies to all of those who asked me to vet documents for them and asked me, "Is This Racist"?

That answer was consistently "Yeah, probably", but I was not able to answer directly, due to lack of time and will and energy.

One of the amazing things about Obama and his campaign was his willingness to stand alone every step of the way. Not do it all alone, of course - he's needed every single person who has contributed, called, walked and ACTED in every single way.

But in the end, it's just HIM standing there, and he has stood there in the face of a storm that would have broken most of us, and in fact, it actually has broken many of us.

I look at the examples of right-wing rancor that you have sent me and I tried to answer them and answer you and I found myself without the strength or the will to answer myself.

I do not consider myself in any way the Black Male Voice - I've been on the outside my entire life, viewed with suspicion and fear from every tribe. I've never been able to bring consensus to any one ever. I don't think that I can start anytime soon, either - I do not seem to be a very nice person.

I can offer you all this however - the rise of right-wing radio has very nearly destroyed this country. Remember Hotel Rwanda? If the right cannot see past their own prejudices, history will move them aside and they are very lucky that we do it peacefully here in this country.

Vote tomorrow, if you haven't already voted, and party tomorrow, like you've never partied.
~

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home