Friday, October 10, 2008

Universal health care NOW

It's time to seriously discuss universal health care.

From Spocko, one of my heroes:

I need to live in a society where my daughter's access to the insulin she needs every day to live is not subject to the whims of my employer. And I think Obama offers me that option.

I hope.
Adam Hominem

"...The economic crisis is actually the RIGHT time to start thinking about implementing universal health insurance.

The Progressive Shock Doctrine states that when there is an economic crisis it is the best time to look at Progressive solutions."


Sorry, Obama - any solution that allows the insurance companies to operate as they currently do is doomed to FAIL. Hillary can tell you that.

Medicaid for all citizens, and let the incos sell supplemental.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger spocko said...

Woot!

Hey I see we like a lot of the same things! And while you like Christina Ricci I like Winona Ryder so there will be no fighting in the arena over women!

I'm going to turn to you for offical pronouncements (as I did to the late Steve Gilliard) when I wanted to know if something said by a certain talk radio host is considered racist.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200612070006

He's a white guy how has adopted several black children so he believes that what he says can't be considered racist.

This was from 2007
"Halfrican ... his father was from Kenya, his mother's white." He added that, "in my opinion -- 'cause my opinion is your average white guy," Obama "is not allowed to wear the African-American badge because his family are not the descendants of slaves, OK? He can't identify with the discrimination and the slavery and all of that that's gone into these black families for generations."

Sussman also said, "I have ... nothing against mixed-race people," but later added, "I get offended and I know I have many black friends who get offended when he stands in front of that black audience talking like he's from the hood, born and raised, and ... can identify with all of their issues. He can't!"

Right now he's reving up the anger on his radio show. It's starting again. Tell me if this sounds like he is up for some domestic attacks on certain politicians.
http://www.spockosbrain.com/SussmangogetembringhimdownM10092008H18M00.wma

October 10, 2008 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home