Sunday, February 08, 2009

DIVAS NEED LOVE TOO - Vicky Sue Robinson

DIVAS NEED LOVE TOO Vicky Sue Robinson disco divas
I don't have the words to describe how awesome and gorgeous the work that Marc is doing over at DIVAS NEED LOVE TOO. I came of age in the 70s, and I have never gotten over the beauty of my disco goddesses and their music and those incredible, incredible album covers. The ladies like Cory Day, Donna Summer, and of course, Vicky Sue Robinson simply OWN my music collection and my heart.

Just ONE SONG and I swear there isn't a day I don't think about Vicky Sue Robinson. Her accessibility, her joy at being able to sing as well as her sexy growl on "Turn The Beat Around" makes this track a permanent part of my life's playlist. (I've heard the the song had been covered by someone, later - really? I hadn't noticed.)

I'll share more of these with you.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

Thanks for the nice shout-out, Eric. I think I see another VSR album in your inmmediate future :-)

Stay tuned.

March 19, 2009 3:37 PM  
Blogger Meander said...

The plessure was mine - you have an awesome blog.

March 19, 2009 3:45 PM  
Blogger Douglas Watts said...

Meander -- you're on it, my friend. As a musician, I have always been in awe of Vicki Sue Robinson. She is and was a very inspiring artist. If you listen to the vocals of "Turn the Beat Around" you hear the template for every female diva that came later, particularly Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Gloria Estefan, who covered the song. Nobody ever "sold" a song like Vicki Sue Robinson did. She set the standard.

Cheers.

Doug Watts

March 25, 2009 1:03 PM  
Blogger Meander said...

It's great when a musician confirms something that you've believed all along. Thank you, Doug.

March 25, 2009 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home